Level III+ (High-Velocity Rifle Rated Steel) Body Armor
Our steel alloy A1 body armor features an improved, ultra-hard ballistic steel core, further enhancing performance over our Level III rated AR500 Armor® Heritage Plate. With nearly 30% increased core strength, the A1 is capable of defeating higher-level rifle threats.
The armor covers up to the threat level below:
- Independently tested and rated to NIJ 0101.06 standards to defeat six (6) rounds of 7.62x51 M80 NATO Ball from 51’ at 2,780 feet per second.
- Special Threat tested to defeat:
- 5.56 x45 M193 at 3,100 feet per second.
- 5.56x45 M855/SS109 (Penetrators) at 3,100 feet per second.
- 7.62x51 M80 NATO Ball (non-AP) at 3,000 feet per second.
- DEA Certified to:
- .223 Remington Tactical Bonded Soft Point, 62 grain @ 2,600 +/- 50 fps
- 5.56 x 45mm M855 (Green Tip), 62 grain @ 3,100 +/- 50 fps
- 7.62 x 39mm Mild Steel Core, 123 grain @ 2,400 +/- 50 fps
- 7.62 x 51mm M80 Ball, 149 grain @ 2,750 +/- 50 fps
- .308 Winchester PSPB Core-Lokt Ultra Bonded, 150 grain @ 2,600 +/- 50 fps
Our A3 plate is a patent-pending alloy composite design, which joins a single plate of steel alloy, fixed in front as the strike face, with a polyethylene backer to catch the round. This plate provides Level III+ special rated protection. Combine the protective resilience of steel alloys with extremely lightweight polyethylene to support it for only 4.6 pounds.
Protection: 7.62 mm FMJ, steel-jacketed bullets (U.S. Military designation M80) with a specified mass of 9.6 g (147gr) and a velocity of 2,780 ft/s (+/- 30 ft/s). Special threat protection against M193, M855 and 7.62x39mm PS Ball.
View products below.