AR500 Armor® Heritage Plate
Affordable, strong, reliable: the Heritage Plate is made of a custom steel alloy blend that increases its strength. It boasts Level III rifle protection, multi-hit capability, and a FragLock™ Base Coating to deflect fragmentation. Additionally, this armor plate has a lengthy shelf life, retaining its full strength for twenty years.
The armor plate comes in flat and curved forms. The Build-Up upgrade increases the thickness of the FragLock coat so as to capture virtually all fragmentation within the plate, ensuring it is a complete non-issue in the fight.
Note: The $65.00 price of this plate is the 2012 introductory price offering. This is a promotional price and it cannot be combined with discount codes.
Essential protection ought to be affordable and reliable, which is why Armored Republic is proud to offer one of the most cost-effective plates on the market with our AR500 Armor® Heritage Plate: The plate material is a steel alloy blend, has our patented Advanced Shooters Cut shape, and is covered with an exclusive FragLock™ Base Coat (build-up coating is available).
This steel plate lasts a lot longer than polyethylene or ceramic alternatives because of the FragLock™ coating's 20-year maintenance-free shelf life. While our base coat seals the armor from perspiration, our build-up coating prevents fragmentation injury.
Our AR500 Armor® Heritage armor plate, unlike ceramic or polyethylene alternatives, is capable of protecting against several direct hits while still being less bulky than competing materials. It also has been independently tested in accordance with NIJ 0101.06 threat levels through Oregon Ballistics (OBL), and H.P. White Laboratories. This means that its level 3 body armor protection is rated to stop 7.62x51 M80 NATO Ball (.308 Winchester) at a velocity of up to 2,750 FPS, and special threat tested to stop 5.56mm M855/SS109 (Green Tip) at a velocity of 2,750 FPS.
Knowledge Base Articles
Frequently Asked Questions
- What does level 3 body armor protect against? The National Institute of Justice (NIJ) protection rating for level 3 body armor is 6x shots of 7.62x51mm @ 2,780 FPS from 51' away. Some level III plates are considered special threat plates in that in addition to this they will address other common threats. For example, our level 3 Heritage Plate will stop 5.56x45 M855 “green tips” @ 2,750 FPS from a 16” barrel, while our P2 plates will stop 5.56x45 M193 Ball @ 3,200 FPS.
- What will IIIA body armor stop? IIIA body armor is rated to stop 6x hits from 125-grain .357 SIG FMJ flat-nose bullets with speeds up to 1,470 feet per second and 240-grain .44 Magnum Semi-Jacketed Hollow Point (SJHP) bullets with speeds up to 1,430 ft/s, along with all lesser handgun threats.
- Can civilians own level 3 body armor? Yes, except in New York and Connecticut. Both of these states restrict body armor ownership to law enforcement and active military only.
For other general body armor and Armored Republic questions visit our FAQ page.
Material: AR500 steel alloy blend, with FragLock™ Coating
Protection: 7.62 mm FMJ, steel-jacketed bullets (U.S. Military designation M80) with a specified mass of 9.6 g (147gr) and a velocity of 2,750 ft/s (+/- 50 ft/s).
Capability: Edge-to-edge multi-hit protection
Form: Flat and Curved
- 10" x 12"
- Base Coat (8.5 lbs, 0.34" thick)
- Build-Up Coat (9.25 lbs, 0.6" thick)
- Plate Carriers: Testudo, Valkyrie, & Invictus
Shelf life: 20 years
Manufactured: United States