Level III Body Armor
This is where it all began, with our AR500 Armor Level III patented Advanced Shooters Cut (ASC) steel-core ballistic plates.
Rifle-rated protection that’s easy on your wallet
Our Level III armor is manufactured from AR500 steel and, with a 20-year maintenance-free shelf life due our proprietary FragLock coating, will outlast ceramic and UHMWPE body armor.
Available in right and left handed configurations, our patented ASC affords you additional room for your rifle stock, improving comfort and shooting ergonomics. Compatible with all standard plate carriers that accept SAPI or traditional Shooters Cut body armor with appropriate chest plate pocket size.
Our Level III armor is rated to stop 7.62x51 M80 NATO Ball (.308 Winchester) at a velocity of up to 2,780 fps, and special threat tested to stop 5.56mm M855/SS109 (Green Tip) at a velocity of 2,780 fps. Our armor has been independently tested in accordance with NIJ 0101.06 threat levels through Oregon Ballistics (OBL), and H.P. White Laboratories.
- Peace of mind: unparalleled multi-hit capability compared to ceramic or polyethylene armor
- Confidence: stops high velocity military .30 caliber ammunition
- Durable: exclusive FragLock coating for 20-year shelf life
- 10"x12" weighs approx 8.0 lb, 11"x14" weighs approx 10.5lb, +/-10% for FragLock coating
- Thin .26” profile for base coat, 0.48” for build-up coat.
- FragLock Build-Up Coat for spall and fragmentation mitigation
- AR500 Armor® high hard specially treated ballistic steel core construction
- Rigorous quality control standards for consistency and performance
- Rugged and stress fracture resistant
- Made in the United States of America!
|Armor Threat Rating||Level III multi-hit protection against 7.62 mm FMJ, steel jacketed bullets (U.S. Military designation M80) with a specified mass of 9.6 g (147gr) and a velocity of 2780 ft/s (+/- 30 ft/s).|
|Armor Size||10" x 12", 11" x 14"|
|Application||Chest & Back|
|Armor Features||Made in USA, FragLock, Curved, Rifle Rated|
|Armor Construction Material||Ballistic steel core|