AR500 Armor® steel plates offer edge-to-edge ballistic protection
Level IV ceramic and Level III UHMWPE plates are certified in accordance to NIJ standard 0101.06, which mandates a minimum shot-to-edge distance of no greater than 51mm (2.0 inches).
AR500 Armor® Level III+ (High Velocity Rifle) Body Armor
Our Level III+ body armor features an improved ultra-hard ballistic steel core, further enhancing performance over our level III line. With nearly 30% increased core strength, our level III+ is capable of defeating higher level rifle threats. Level III+ armor offers enhanced ballistic protection against following threats:
- Independently tested and rated to NIJ 0101.06 standards to defeat six (6) rounds of 7.62x51 M80 NATO Ball from 51’ at 2,780 feet per second.
- Special Threat tested to defeat 5.56 x45 M193 and 5.56x45 M855/SS109 (Penetrators) at 3,100 feet per second.
- Special Threat tested to defeat 7.62x51 M80 NATO Ball (non-AP) at 3,000 feet per second.
- DEA Certified to:
- .223 Remington Tactical Bonded Soft Point, 62 grain @ 2,600 +/- 50 fps
- 5.56 x 45mm M855 (Green Tip), 62 grain @ 3,100 +/- 50 fps
- 7.62 x 39mm Mild Steel Core, 123 grain @ 2,400 +/- 50 fps
- 7.62 x 51mm M80 Ball, 149 grain @ 2,750 +/- 50 fps
- .308 Winchester PSPB Core-Lokt Ultra Bonded, 150 grain @ 2,600 +/- 50 fps
Our newest Generation II design improves ergonomics and comfort. Every curve and cut was designed to improve comfort, maximize protection of your vitals, and minimize weight.
One or more of the following products are covered by one or more of the following patents.
There are no products matching the selection.