AR500 Armor® Patented 10” x 12” Advanced Shooters Cut Level III Body Armor
AR500 Armor® Level III Body Armor is manufactured from an extremely rugged ballistic grade steel core and coated with our PAXCON (a division of Line-X) spall and fragmentation protective coating. Our ballistic steel plate is unmatched in the industry and is formulated and treated specifically to our specifications for improved consistency, durability, and then tested to NIJ standards. Our ballistic plate core is stress fracture resistant, features an ultra-low profile ballistic core of only 0.26”, and is designed to handle extreme abuse in day to day use, training, and less than ideal storage conditions. AR500 Armor® body armor will outlast alternative armor solutions such as Ceramic, Dyneema, UHMWPE, and raw/uncoated steel trauma plates.
Level III Rating: AR500 Armor® body armor is Stand-Alone and Multi-Hit capable. Designed to defeat rifle threats up to 7.62x51 M80 NATO Ball (.308 Winchester) at velocities up to 2,780 feet per second and all pistol calibers.
Our 10” x 12” patented Advanced Shooters Cut (ASC) armor plates fit nearly all industry standard plate carriers and all plate carriers capable of accepting Medium and Large SAPI body armor plates. Our 10” x 12” ASC body armor offers adequate coverage of your vitals which include your heart, lungs, and surrounding blood vessels on most people. 10” x 12” is the most common size and fits the widest selection of plate carriers available on the market.
AR500 Armor® 10” x 12” Body Armor Features:
- 10” x 12” body armor will fit in Plate Carriers capable of accepting up to Medium and Large SAPI plates
- Outlasts Ceramic, Dyneema, and UHMWPE constructed body armor
- Rugged, Reliable, and Stress Fracture Resistant
- Multi-Hit capable and Stand-Alone
- Level III Rifle threat rated for calibers up to 7.62x51 (.308 Winchester) at 2,780fps
- Patented Advanced Shooters Cut (ASC) - US Patent # 9021621 B1, Dated May 5, 2015
- PAXCON (Line-X) Military grade anti-spall & fragmentation protective coating
- Works well with our 10x12 ASC Trauma Pads
- Fully sealed design protects from Liquids, Chemicals, and Harsh Elements
- Certification, Independent, and In-House Ballistic Resistant Testing & Quality Control
- Designed to be used as a front or back plate
- Maintenance Free
- 0.26” Ultra low profile ballistic core
- Weight 8.0lbs (+/- 5% due to PAXCON coating)
- 100% Made in the USA
AR500 Armor® Patented Advanced Shooters Cut – Our ASC is a unique cut designed to improve operator ergonomics when shouldering and firing their rifle while wearing our body armor. Still providing maximum coverage, our ASC body armor has an advanced asymmetrical cut on the right shoulder which allows better positioning of your rifle. This significantly improves ergonomics over traditional body armor cuts. Our Flat 10” x 12” ASC body armor features an Ambidextrous strike face, and can be used in left or right handed configuration. Our Curved 10”x 12” Advanced Shooters Cut body armor ships in right handed configuration; left handed can be ordered by request.
The AR500 Armor® spall & fragmentation mitigation coating is simply the best in the industry. PAXCON (a division of Line-X) is a military grade protective coating designed for spall and fragmentation containment. PAXCON protective coatings have been used to increase protection on the walls of the U.S. Pentagon. This Line-X coating completely seals our armor helping reduce spall and fragmentation; and additionally protects it from chemicals, liquids, and other harsh elements. This fully sealed design combined with our advanced ballistic plate result in the Strongest, most Reliable longer term, Maintenance Free body armor solution in the industry. More details on our PAXCON/Line-X spall and fragmentation mitigation protective coating can be found by Clicking Here.
Our body armor undergoes an extensive 4 stage cleaning, etching, and preparation process prior to application of our Line-X coating. This ensures maximum adhesion and helps mitigate “blow-outs” which are common in lesser quality coatings and improperly prepped and/or primed body armor alternatives.
AR500 Armor® body armor is manufactured and coated in-house 100% in the USA. We are an approved OEM applicator of PAXCON Line-X protective coatings.
Our body armor undergoes rigorous pre and post production certification, independent, and in-house ballistic resistant tests to level III standards. All body armor passes through multiple quality control checkpoints during our manufacturing process.
AR500 Armor Body Armor is Made in the USA!
- 05/19/2016 Visit us at the 2016 NRA Annual Meeting! Booth 4857!
- 03/01/2016 Production Growth and Company Vision
- 02/19/2016 AR500 Armor® Peacekeeper Line-Up Pre-Order Now Available