Level III Lightweight (Polyethylene) Body Armor
Less than half the weight of steel but all of the protection, this Level III armor is a must-have if you work around water or where weight is a primary factor in your armor needs.
There is a saying in the backpacking community, “take care of the ounces, and the pounds will take care of themselves.” When weight and mobility are everything in your body armor, the AR500 Armor® Level III ultra-high molecular weight polyethylene plate is the clear choice.
Ultra-light Level III protection
Our UHMWPE (aka PE) plate weighs a mere 3.5 pounds in our 10”x12” standard shooters cut. This stand-alone plate is tested to NIJ 0101.06 Level III threats and is multi-hit capable. It is manufactured in Phoenix, Arizona, and carries a 5-year shelf life.
Our new PE lightweight armor plate is a great choice for those whose primary concern is weight.
In addition to stopping the 7.62x51 M80 Ball at 2780 FPS, our PE plate has also been Special Threat tested against the following rounds:
- 5.56x45 M193 at 3150 FPS
- 7.62x39 AK-47 at 2380 FPS
- Peace of mind: Tested to NIJ Standard 0101.06 Level III and is multi-hit capable
- Confidence: stops high velocity military 5.56 and .30 caliber ammunition
- Safety: At 3.5 pounds, our PE plate is neutrally buoyant
- Tested to Level III threats
- 10”x12” plate weighs only 3.5 lbs
- Stand-Alone and Multi-Hit capable
- 1” Thick Profile
- Ergonomic Multiple Axis Curvature
- Durable polyurea coating seals out water and the elements
- Made in our Phoenix, Arizona, facility
|Armor Threat Rating||Level III multi-hit protection against 7.62 mm FMJ, steel jacketed bullets (U.S. Military designation M80) with a specified mass of 9.6 g (147gr) and a velocity of 2780 ft/s (+/- 30 ft/s).|
|Armor Size||10" x 12"|
|Application||Chest & Back|
|Armor Features||Made in USA, Buoyant, Rifle Rated|
|Armor Construction Material||Polyethylene|