Level IIIA Body Armor
The AR500 Armor® Level IIIA lightweight steel armor is designed as a lightweight hard-armor alternative to traditional soft-armor options. If you’re looking for a thin, ultra-concealable solution to Level IIIA threats, this plate merits serious consideration.
Ultra-thin handgun protection
At .20” thickness, it's thinner than most ballistic soft armor of the same rating and offers reduced blunt force trauma compared to soft armor. Comes standard with our proprietary FragLock™ spall and fragmentation buildup coat and weighs less than 5 pounds.
- Rugged: Impervious to environment due to our military-grade FragLock™ coating
- Tough: Multi-hit capable, stand-alone Level IIIA handgun protection
- Protective: Also stab and slash resistant, unlike many soft-armor ballistic vests
- Ergonomic: Utilizes our patented Advanced Shooters Cut for comfort and mobility
- Durable: Maintenance free, 20-year shelf life
- American Made: 100% made in the USA
|Armor Threat Rating||Level IIIA multi-hit protection against .357 SIG FMJ Flat Nose (FN) bullets with a specified mass of 8.1 g (125 gr) and a velocity of 1470 ft/s (+/- 30 ft/s) and with .44 Magnum Semi Jacketed Hollow Point (SJHP) bullets with a specified mass of 15.6 g (24|
|Armor Construction Material||Ballistic steel core|
|Armor Shelf Life||20 Years|