Hard Side Plate
Side Body Armor is designed to be worn in side plate pouches which attach to a plate carrier system. Our Level III, III+ or III+ Lightweight side plates fit most side plate pockets and MOLLE pouches on the market.
AR500 Armor® Side Body Armor is designed to be worn in side plate pouches which attach to a plate carrier system. Our 6"x8" side plates fit most side plate pockets and MOLLE pouches on the market. All AR500 Armor® Body Armor is 100% made in the USA and manufactured from our rugged and reliable ballistic core designed specifically for Armor applications.
Side protection for when it counts
Specifically designed to increase coverage on the peripherals of your plate carrier. AR500 Armor® Level III Side Armor Plates offer rifle rated protection on the side of your plate carrier. Compatible with most plate carriers that include cummerbund mounted side plate pouches. Comes standard in the flat base coat configuration, with multi-curve and our proprietary FragLock build-up spall and frag mitigation coat available at a slight additional cost.
Level III is rated to defeat 7.62x51 M80 NATO Ball (.308 Winchester) at a velocity of up to 2,780 feet per second, and Level III+ and III+ Lightweight are rated for 5.56mm M193 ammo at 3,100 fps. Side plates are most applicable when increased armor coverage is desired from an entry or defensive standpoint. Non-squared off shooting positions, traveling in vehicles, and situations where fragmentation is a realistic threat are scenarios where heavily running side body armor makes sense.
- Level III rifle rated for 7.62x51 M80 Ball (.308 win) @ 2,780 fps
- Independently tested to NIJ 0101.06
- Level III+ and III+ Lightweight are rated for 5.56mm M193 ammo at 3,100 fps
- Level III 6” X 8” Side Plate – 3.5 pounds (± 10% for our FragLock coating)
- Level III+ 6x8 - 3.5 pounds (± 10% for our FragLock coating)
- Level III+ LW - 2.5 pounds (± 10% for our FragLock coating)
- Most independently reviewed and tested body armor in the world
- AR500 Armor® high hard specially treated ballistic steel core construction
- Rigorous quality control standards for consistency and performance
- Rugged and stress fracture resistant
- Minimally invasive forming process on Multi-Curved models preserves armor integrity
- 20-Year maintenance free shelf life
- Unparalleled Multi-Hit and stand-alone performance
- Outlasts Ceramic, and Polyethylene Body Armor
- Made in the United States of America!
|Armor Level||Level III, Level III+, Level III+ Lightweight|
|Armor Threat Rating||No Threat Rating|
|Armor Size||6" x 8"|
|Armor Features||Made in USA, FragLock, Flat, Curved|
|Armor Construction Material||Ballistic steel core|
|Armor Shelf Life||20 Years|