Hard Backpack Armor
Designed specifically for backpacks, packs, laptop, and book bags. AR500 Armor® Backpack Armor is unmatched in quality and affordability. Our backpack armor cuts will fit nearly all civilian and military style backpacks on the market allowing a convenient and concealable solution to staying protected. All AR500 Armor® Body Armor is 100% made in the USA and manufactured from our rugged and reliable ballistic core designed specifically for Armor applications.
Rifle-rated protection, always with you
Designed to be inserted into your everyday carry backpack providing rifle protection under concealment. AR500 Armor® Backpack body armor integrates into your existing backpack under cover.
Our Backpack Armor will fit into your school bag laptop pocket, hydration pocket, or laptop carry bags capable of accepting up to 15.1” laptops, in most cases also in conjunction with your laptop. The ideal choice for staying prepared in everyday life. You can now turn your commuter pack into an armored backpack capable of defeating hard hitting rifle rounds in a concealed carry system.
Our backpack armor is available in two threat-levels (Level III and Level III+ Lightweight).
- Level III is rifle-rated to 7.62x51 M80 Ball (.308 win) @ 2,780 fps. Independently tested to NIJ 0101.06 standard
- Level III+ LW is rifle-rated to 5.56x45 M193 at 3,000 FPS
- Weights: Level III, 10 pounds | Level III+LW, 10.5 pounds
- Most independently reviewed and tested body armor in the world
- AR500 Armor® high hard specially treated ballistic steel core construction
- Rigorous quality control standards for consistency and performance
- Rugged and stress fracture resistant
- Minimally invasive forming process on Multi-Curved models preserves armor integrity
- 20-Year maintenance free shelf life
- Unparalleled Multi-Hit and stand-alone performance
- Outlasts Ceramic, and Polyethylene Body Armor
- FragLock™ abrasion and chemical resistant coating
- Made in the USA
|Armor Level||III, III+ LW|
|Armor Threat Rating||Level III+ LW multi-hit protection against calibers up to 5.56x45 M193, 5.56x45 M855/SS109 at 3,000 FPS (+/- 30FPS) and 7.62x39(ie AK-47), 7.62x51 M80 NATO Ball (ie .308) at 2,850 FPS. Not rated for AP rounds.|
|Armor Size||9.5" x 13", 11" x 15"|
|Armor Features||Made in USA, FragLock, Rifle Rated|
|Armor Construction Material||Ballistic steel core|