Firebird Armored Backpack
Looking for a functional item you can take practically anywhere and which will stop 95% of the rounds used in shooting incidents but want something larger than our Phoenix armored backpack? Look no further than our Firebird Armored Backpack.
An invisible shield, always available
Like the Phoenix, the AR500 Armor® Firebird Armored Backpack is built to stop the bullets used in 95% of gun related homicides. Nobody will know your backpack doubles as a lifesaving tool. The Firebird is a low-profile armor system designed to stop the ammunition used in the majority of shootings, but provides more armor coverage than the standard Phoenix Armor Backpack.
The Firebird weighs less than 3 pounds in its lightest configuration and comes ready to use. The armor is sewn into the pack, so you never have to worry about forgetting to install your armor or having it shift during use.
The Firebird features plenty of storage for your laptop and other personal gear.
- Generously sized primary compartment features a laptop sleeve, compatible with nearly all laptops. Perfect for all around general use.
- Hypalon® accented front upper pocket isbdesigned for compatibility with the largest smartphones on the market, including their cases
- Large front lower pocket is complete with a key lanyard with hook, and retention pockets for pens and other accessories. It will easily accommodate a full-sized pistol for concealment.
- Lined top pocket is located right next to the backpack drag handle. This pocket is lined on the inside with a non-scratch soft fabric and is ideal for storing your sunglasses, wallet, keys, or other accessories.
- Confidence: stops bullets used in 95% of gun related homicides
- Discreet: multiple low-profile colors available
- Peace of mind: protect the entire family
- Durable zippers with Hypalong pull tabs
- Padded rear backing for comfort, and padded fully adjustable backpack straps
- High traction Hypalon® bottom is abrasion and water resistant
- Compartments & pockets
- Primary Compartment: 18”x15” (with laptop sleeve)
- Front Upper Pocket: 4.5”x8”
- Front Lower Pocket: 6”x10”
- Top Pocket: 8”x8”
- Integrated Body Armor:
- Pistol Rated - Build-In Body Armor
- Level IIIA integrated soft armor: Rated to defeat 6 rounds of .44 Magnum, and .357 Sig at 1,430 feet per second
- Protective and lightweight anti-microbial and water-resistant rip-stop laminate cover
- Backpack + 11”x15” soft armor: Less than 3lbs
- Shelf life: 5 years
- Rifle Rated - Build-In Body Armor
- Level III+ Lightweight integrated steel armor: Rated to defeat calibers up to 5.56x45 M193, 5.56x45 M855/SS109 at 3,000 FPS (+/- 30FPS) and 7.62x39 and 7.62x51 NATO
- Backpack + 11”x15” steel armor: 15 pounds
- Shelf life: 20 years
The Trauma Pad Option:
AR500 Armor® Trauma Pads are designed to decrease the blunt force energy felt upon impact when worn behind body armor. Our trauma pads feature non-Newtonian layers which instantly harden upon impact, creating a larger rigid surface area decreasing energy transfer and increasing absorption throughout the trauma pad.
When you choose to add a trauma pad, we will hand sew the trauma pad properly in place within The Phoenix Armored Backpack, no work or installation on your part is required. Trauma pads are ultra lightweight, adding merely 5.9 ounces for 10”x12” or 6.5 ounces for 11”x15”.
The IFAK (Individual First Aid Kit) Option:
Our IFAKs (Individual First Aid Kits) are specifically designed for gunshot and stab wounds.
Each IFAK is complete with the tools necessary to stop severe bleeding wounds, and makes an excellent, affordable, and very capable addition to your backpack. They are lightweight, and compact. You’ll have plenty of room left over for other necessities.
- 1 Celox EMS
- 1 SWAT-T
- 1 Hyfin compact twin
- 1 NAR Responder bandage
- 1 Dynarex Compressed Gauze
- 1 Trauma Shears
- 1 H&H Duct Tape
- 1 NAR Bear Claw Gloves
- 1 Casualty Card
- 1 Mini Sharpie
|Armor Threat Rating||No Threat Rating|
|Armor Construction Material||Ballistic steel core|
|Armor Shelf Life||20 Years|