Firebird Armored Backpack
The AR500 Armor™ Firebird Armored Backpack is the bigger brother to our Phoenix, and has the same ballistic capabilities of our smaller pack.
Looking for a functional item you can take practically anywhere and which will stop 95% of the rounds used in shooting incidents but want something larger than our Phoenix armored backpack? Look no further than our Firebird Armored Backpack.
An invisible shield, always available
Like the Phoenix, the AR500 Armor® Firebird Armored Backpack is built to stop the bullets used in 95% of gun related homicides. Nobody will know your backpack doubles as a lifesaving tool. The Firebird is a low-profile armor system designed to stop the ammunition used in the majority of shootings, but provides more armor coverage than the standard Phoenix Armor Backpack.
Made from 1000 Denier Cordura, the Firebird weighs less than 3 pounds in its lightest configuration and comes ready to use. The armor is sewn into the pack, so you never have to worry about forgetting to install your armor or having it shift during use.
The Firebird features plenty of storage for your laptop and other personal gear.
- Generously sized primary compartment features a laptop sleeve, compatible with nearly all laptops. Perfect for all around general use.
- Hypalon® accented front upper pocket is designed for compatibility with the largest smartphones on the market, including their cases
- Large front lower pocket is complete with a key lanyard with hook, and retention pockets for pens and other accessories. It will easily accommodate a full-sized pistol for concealment.
- Lined top pocket is located right next to the backpack drag handle. This pocket is lined on the inside with a non-scratch soft fabric and is ideal for storing your sunglasses, wallet, keys, or other accessories.
- Confidence: stops bullets used in 95% of gun-related homicides
- Discreet: multiple low-profile colors available
- Peace of mind: protect the entire family
- Durable zippers with Hypalon® pull tabs
- Padded rear backing for comfort, and padded fully adjustable backpack straps
- High traction Hypalon bottom is abrasion and water resistant
- Compartments & pockets
- Primary Compartment: 18”x15” (with laptop sleeve)
- Front Upper Pocket: 4.5”x8”
- Front Lower Pocket: 6”x10”
- Top Pocket: 8”x8”
- Integrated Body Armor:
- Pistol Rated - Built-In Body Armor
- Level IIIA integrated soft armor: Rated to defeat 6 rounds of .44 Magnum, and .357 Sig at 1,430 feet per second
- Protective and lightweight anti-microbial and water-resistant rip-stop laminate cover
- Backpack + 11”x15” soft armor: Less than 3lbs
- Shelf life: 5 years
- Rifle Rated - Built-In Body Armor
- Level III+ Lightweight integrated steel armor: Rated to defeat calibers up to 5.56x45 M193, 5.56x45 M855/SS109 at 3,000 FPS (+/- 30FPS) and 7.62x39 and 7.62x51 NATO
- Backpack + 11”x15” steel armor (base coat): 10.05 pounds
- Shelf life: 20 years
The Trauma Pad Option:
AR500 Armor® Trauma Pads are designed to decrease the blunt force energy felt upon impact when worn behind body armor. Our trauma pads feature non-Newtonian layers which instantly harden upon impact, creating a larger rigid surface area decreasing energy transfer and increasing absorption throughout the trauma pad.
When you choose to add a trauma pad, we will hand sew the trauma pad properly in place within The Phoenix Armored Backpack, no work or installation on your part is required. Trauma pads are ultra lightweight, adding merely 5.9 ounces for 10”x12” or 6.5 ounces for 11”x15”.
|Armor Threat Rating||Level IIIA multi-hit protection against .357 SIG FMJ Flat Nose (FN) bullets with a specified mass of 8.1 g (125 gr) and a velocity of 1470 ft/s (+/- 30 ft/s) and with .44 Magnum Semi Jacketed Hollow Point (SJHP) bullets with a specified mass of 15.6 g (24|
|Armor Construction Material||Aramid Fiber, and Laminated Ripstop Nylon (sonic welded)|