AR500 Armor® Level III+ Lightweight Backpack Body Armor
Designed to be inserted into your everyday carry backpack providing rifle protection under concealment. AR500 Armor® Backpack body armor integrates into your existing backpack under cover. Our Backpack Armor will fit into your school bag laptop pocket, hydration pocket, or laptop carry bags capable of accepting up to 15.1” laptops, in most cases also in conjunction with your laptop. The ideal choice for staying prepared in everyday life. You can now turn your commuter pack into an armored backpack capable of defeating hard hitting rifle rounds in a concealed carry system.
Available in: our 9.5” x 13” Backpack Cut.
Approximate Weight: (+/- 10% for coating):
- 9.5” x 13” Backpack Plate – 8lb
Approximate Profile: Thin 0.26” profile (Base Coat), 0.48” profile (Build-Up)
AR500 Armor® Level III+ Lightweight Body Armor Specifications
- Level III+ Lightweight rifle rated for 7.62x51 M80 Ball (.308 win) @ 2,850 fps
- Patented Advanced Shooters Cut (ASC) (on some models) in thin .26” profile
- Most independently reviewed and tested body armor in the world
- AR500 Armor® high hard specially treated ballistic steel core construction
- Rigorous quality control standards for consistency and performance
- Rugged and stress fracture resistant
- Minimally invasive forming process on Multi-Curved models preserves armor integrity
- 20-Year maintenance free shelf life
- Unparalleled Multi-Hit and stand-alone performance
- Abrasion and chemical resistant coating
- Build-Up for spall and fragmentation mitigation
- Made in the United States of America!
Looking for protection against high velocity threats such as M193? Look into our level III+ body armor, which is special threated tested to M193 at velocities up to 3,100 feet per second. http://www.ar500armor.com/ar500-armor-body-armor/level-iii-body-armor-en.html
Proudly Manufactured in our Phoenix, Arizona facility from start to finish.
Become a warrior and #StayInTheFight with AR500 Armor® Body Armor, a proud member of the Armored Republic™.
|Approximate Weight (LBS)||8.0000|
|Armor Level||Level III+ LW|
|Armor Threat Rating||Level III+ LW multi-hit protection against calibers up to 5.56x45 M193, 5.56x45 M855/SS109 at 3,000 FPS (+/- 30FPS) and 7.62x39(ie AK-47), 7.62x51 M80 NATO Ball (ie .308) at 2,850 FPS. Not rated for AP rounds.|
|Dimensions||9.5" x 13"|
|Armor Construction Material||Ballistic steel core|
|Armor Shelf Life||20 Years|
- Not worth the $60 cost to go from 9.5x13 Level III to III+ lightweight back pack armor for only 0.5 lbs weight reduction. Review by Hubbs Verified Purchase
Bottom line, the appearance and weight between the two is for all practical purposes insignificant, other than for the rounded corners on the lightweight, and certainly not worth the extra 60 dollars.
Having said that, my daughter, 5-4 120lbs, ballet dancer, could not tolerate the weight (back pain) having to walk 15 mins each way to and from school. (back pain, although admittedly pack not properly carried high up on her shoulders.) She's a good kid, and am surprised she wanted to wear one. I recently ordered as a compromise the level IIIA backpack 11x15.
I suppose if you drive your kid to school and she only has to walk from class to class, then Level III might be OK But Level III+ lightweight is NOT worth the extra $60.00. I am surprised AR500 even sells these as "lightweight."
(Posted on 11/22/2019)
- Discreet, strong, easy to use. A little bit of peace of mind without feeling like some prepper nutcase... Review by Matthew Verified Purchase
I bought this plate (and the larger backpack plates) for my kids for their backpacks. I purchased two of these - one with the base coat (because of the unlikelihood that a frightened child would be able to perfectly block incoming bullets) and one without the base coat (in the event that the base coat makes it too thick to fit in a small backpack).
The product itself arrived timely, seems to be of good quality, is clean, and clearly depicts the date of manufacture, what it is rated for. and some other details. It seems very sturdy and had no obvious flaws. The packaging material was sufficient to protect the product. As far as added weight goes, this plate feels like it weighs about as much as a 1-inch schoolbook.
I tried installing both plates in this roe sling sold by Walmart (https://www.walmart.com/ip/Fieldline-Pro-Series-ROE-Sling-Bag-Shoulder-Pack-Shooting-Range-Backpack-Bag/51272033). The 9.5x13 plate will fit if it does not have a base coat. It will not fit if it has a base coat. I don't feel the plate jabbing into me when I walk, actually the backpack feels a little better against my back due to the uniform pressure it now applies. (Posted on 5/13/2019)
- Great product Review by Lucas P.