Level IIIA Curved Armor with Trauma Pads Combo
AR500 Armor® 10” x 12” Lightweight Curved Patented Advanced Shooters Cut (ASC) Level IIIA Body Armor
AR500 Armor® Level IIIA Lightweight Body Armor is manufactured from an extremely rugged ballistic grade steel core and coated with our PAXCON (a division of Line-X) spall and fragmentation protective coating. Our ballistic steel plate is unmatched in the industry and is formulated and treated specifically to our specifications for improved consistency, durability, and then tested to NIJ standards. Our ballistic plate core is stress fracture resistant, and our IIIA rated lightweight model features an ultra-thin profile of only .20”, and is designed to handle extreme abuse in day to day use, training, and less than ideal storage conditions. AR500 Armor® body armor will outlast alternative armor solutions such as Ceramic, Dyneema, UHMWPE, and raw/uncoated steel trauma plates.
Our IIIA model is designed as a lightweight hard armor pistol threat concealment option and features an aggressive ergonomic curve designed to minimize the plates print in a concealment carrier (able to be worn as a front or back plate). Utilizing hard armor in place of or in conjunction with soft armor greatly reduced the effects of blunt force trauma when compared to wearing only soft body armor. Thinner than most Kevlar and Dyneema alternatives, our hard level IIIA body armor is Multi-Hit capable, Stand-Alone, Stab and Slash Resistant, and costs less than half of the comparable alternative.
- AR500 Armor® 10” x 12” Body Armor Features:
- 10” x 12” body armor will fit in Plate Carriers capable of accepting up to Medium and Large SAPI plates
- Outlasts Ceramic, Dyneema, and UHMWPE constructed body armor
- Rugged, Reliable, and Stress Fracture Resistant
- Multi-Hit capable and Stand-Alone
- Level III Pistol threat rated for calibers up to .44 Magnum and .357 SIG
- Stab and Slash Resistant
- Reduced blunt force trauma compared to Kevlar and Dyneema alternative IIIA soft body armor
- Advanced Shooters Cut (ASC) - US Patent # 9021621 B1, Dated May 5, 2015
- PAXCON (Line-X) Military grade anti-spall & fragmentation protective coating
- Fully sealed design protects from Liquids, Chemicals, and Harsh Elements
- Certification, Independent, and In-House Ballistic Resistant Testing & Quality Control
- Designed to be used as a front or back plate
- Works well with our 10"x12" Trauma Pad
- Maintenance Free
- .20” Ultra-Thin Profile
- Weight 4.8lb’s
- 100% Made in the USA
AR500 Armor® Blunt Force Trauma Pad (NON-BALLISTIC) Gen. II – Patented Advanced Shooters Cut (ASC)
What happens after AR500 Armor® body armor defeats a round? This is a common afterthought. Energy from the impact is transferred to your body. Now what? The follow up question is typically how much energy and how do I prevent injury? Well, there is no specific answer without knowing all variables in the equation. Because life is uncertain we always recommend running AR500 Armor® Trauma Pads. Each trauma pad is specially engineered to mitigate blunt force trauma in case your armor takes a round. Our Trauma Pads will reduce the amount of back face deformation that could occur and reduce risk of injury after impact. All AR500 Armor® in standalone configurations perform very well in tests against back face deformation (BFD) and energy transfer, and are designed with BFD in mind. Our Trauma Pads add to the level of effectiveness already exhibited in AR500 Armor® Body Armor.
Designed to be worn in conjunction with and behind your body armor, our Trauma Pads reduce the amount of energy transfer to your body, reducing felt energy through your armor. Our patented Advance Shooters Cut (ASC) matches perfectly to our Level IIIA, III, III+, and III+ Lightweight body armor improving ergonomics with your rifle.
Compatible with AR500 Armor® Body Armor and other armor systems along with most plate carriers.
Trauma pads are Non-Ballistic and offer no increase in ballistic protection.
Available in: 8” x 10”, 10” x 12”, and 11” X 14” Advanced Shooters Cut sizes.
- 8” x 10” ASC – 5.4 ounces
- 10” x 12” ASC – 5.9 ounces
- 11” x 14” ASC – 6.2 ounces
Profile: 0.25” Ultra-Thin
|Armor Level||Level IIIA (Steel)|
|Armor Threat Rating||Level IIIA multi-hit protection against .357 SIG FMJ Flat Nose (FN) bullets with a specified mass of 8.1 g (125 gr) and a velocity of 1470 ft/s (+/- 30 ft/s) and with .44 Magnum Semi Jacketed Hollow Point (SJHP) bullets with a specified mass of 15.6 g (240 grain) 1430 ft/s (+/- 30 ft/s)|
|Armor Cut Orientation:||Ambidextrous|
|Dimensions||10" x 12"|
|Armor Construction Material||Ballistic steel core|
|Armor Shelf Life||20 Years|