Level III Body Armor
AR500 Armor® Level III (Steel) Body Armor
Our Level III (Steel) body armor offers the most protection for your buck, and covers the most common threats one could encounter including nearly all Military & NATO calibers up to the threat level below:
- Independently tested and rated to NIJ 0101.06 standards to defeat six (6) rounds of 7.62x51 M80 NATO Ball from 51’ at 2,780 feet per second.
Our Level III steel body armor provides industry leading protection against "penetrator" rounds such as the 5.56 M855/SS109 - which are capable of defeating UHMWPE type level III body armor options.
AR500 Armor® Level III Lightweight (UHMWPE) Body Armor
For when ounces are pounds and mobility is everything, AR500 Armor® Level III Polyethylene Body Armor weighs in at a mere 3.3lb’s per plate (10”x12”). NIJ 0101.06 certified, positive buoyancy, stand-alone, and multi-hit capable, our Polyethylene lightweight armor plate is a true contender for those who can sacrifice the inherit benefits of our steel core body armor to save weight
- NIJ 0101.06 Certified - Six (6) rounds of 7.62x51 M80 NATO Ball from 51’ at 2,780 feet per second.
- Special Threat tested to defeat 7.62x51 M80 Ball at 2,800 feet per second.
- Special Threat tested to defeat 5.56x45 M193 at 3,150 feet per second.
- Special Threat tested to defeat 7.62x39 AK 47 at 2,380 feet per second.
One or more of the following products are covered by one or more of the following patents.