AR500 Armor® Level III+ Lightweight Backpack Body Armor
Designed to be inserted into your everyday carry backpack providing rifle protection under concealment. AR500 Armor® Backpack body armor integrates into your existing backpack under cover. Our Backpack Armor will fit into your school bag laptop pocket, hydration pocket, or laptop carry bags capable of accepting up to 15.1” laptops, in most cases also in conjunction with your laptop. The ideal choice for staying prepared in everyday life. You can now turn your commuter pack into an armored backpack capable of defeating hard hitting rifle rounds in a concealed carry system.
Available in: our 11” x 15” Backpack Cut.
Weight (+/- 10% for PAXCON coating):
- 11” x 15” Backpack Armor – 10.5lb
Profile: Thin 0.26” profile (Base Coat), 0.48” profile (Build-Up)
AR500 Armor® Level III+ Lightweight Body Armor Specifications
- Level III+ Lightweight rifle rated for 7.62x51 M80 Ball (.308 win) @ 2,850 fps
- Patented Advanced Shooters Cut (ASC) (on some models) in thin .26” profile
- Most independently reviewed and tested body armor in the world
- AR500 Armor® high hard specially treated ballistic steel core construction
- Rigorous quality control standards for consistency and performance
- Rugged and stress fracture resistant
- Minimally invasive forming process on Multi-Curved models preserves armor integrity
- 20-Year maintenance free shelf life
- Unparalleled Multi-Hit and stand-alone performance
- PAXCON abrasion and chemical resistant coating
- Build-Up for spall and fragmentation mitigation
- Made in the United States of America!
Looking for protection against high velocity threats such as M193? Look into our level III+ body armor, which is special threated tested to M193 at velocities up to 3,100 feet per second. http://www.ar500armor.com/ar500-armor-body-armor/level-iii-body-armor-en.html
Proudly Manufactured in our Phoenix, Arizona facility from start to finish.
Become a warrior and #StayInTheFight with AR500 Armor® Body Armor, a proud member of the Armored Republic™.
|Armor Level||Level III+ LW|
|Armor Threat Rating||Level III+ LW multi-hit protection against calibers up to 5.56x45 M193, 5.56x45 M855/SS109 at 3,000 FPS (+/- 30FPS) and 7.62x39(ie AK-47), 7.62x51 M80 NATO Ball (ie .308) at 2,850 FPS. Not rated for AP rounds.|
|Dimensions||11" x 15"|
|Armor Construction Material||Ballistic steel core|
|Armor Shelf Life||20 Years|
- Great protection and peace of mind - Review by BCobb
I got the armor not only for my school bag, but I can also transfer it to my 24-Hour readiness bag. The armor fits in the laptop sleeve of my L.L. Bean Turbo Transit Pack, a solidly built backpack, and it also fits in my SOG Ninja bag, a cheap thing I bought at a local sporting goods store.
My only complaint about the armor is it's weight, which is to be expected from a steel core plate. I knew it would be heavy, but not quite this heavy! It's not so bad, though, if you tighten your pack straps to have the bag ride closer to your body and not sag down.
I would reccomend this to someone looking for a rifle rated armor plate that is fairly affordable. But be sure to have a quality bag with back padding for sure!
(Posted on 8/3/2018)